Saqqara is a cemetery site in ancient Egypt best known for the Step Pyramid constructed for Djoser.
- The site is known to have been the elite necropolis of Memphis with the earliest inscribed stone found here dating to Narmer's reign with the earliest elite tombs dating to the reign of Aha.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Wilkinson, T, A, H. (2001) Early Dynastic Egypt London: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-26011-6.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Dodson, A & Hilton, D. (2005) The Complete Royal Families of Ancient Egypt London: Thames & Hudson. ISBN 9774249577
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Tyldesley, J. (2006) The Complete Queens of Egypt Cairo: American University Press.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Rosalind, M. and Janssen, J.J. (1996) Getting Old in Ancient Egypt London: Rubicon Press.
- ↑ Clayton, P.A (2001) Chronicles of the Pharaohs London: Thames & Hudson.
- ↑ Amiran, R. (1974) An Egyptian Jar Fragment with the Name of Narmer from Arad Israel Exploration Journal. Vol.24 No.1 pp.4-12
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.